Monday, August 16, 2010

Hellboy fans only: Do you like the comic book world or the movie world setting better?

I'm a big fan of all things Hellboy. My triumph now would be to get one of the 1:1 scale modesl of the Samaritan that was out when the movie first came out. I really like the movie, but I am also more of a purist. I like the comic book world for Hellboy, where it's like not only do people know about him, but also it's set in a world of where ghost, goblins, and vampires do exist and people know about them too. I know that this kinda of world would not have made this movie a good jumping off point for people, because most of them would have no knowledge of what kind of world they were dealing with to begin with. But on a whole, as a fan, do you like the world where Hellboy and the things he fights are secret, or just a kind of a common enough occurence where some, if not alot, of people know that there really are things that go bump in the night.



Hellboy fans only: Do you like the comic book world or the movie world setting better?virus scan



I favor the mindset where only a few people know Hellboy exists, sort of on the ''fringe'', which makes him more mysterious. He is fighting goblins, demons, vampires, etc., protecting humanity, but humanity isn't aware of these things. Sort of a silent, unsung hero. I am very fond of Mike Mignolia's artwork in the comic books. In the Hellboy movie, I didn't like the design of the dog demons..they just weren't scary and way too CGI, BUT I liked the rest of the movie. Hellboy 2 is about to start filming, BTW, and Ron Perlman has been working out for the role.



Hellboy fans only: Do you like the comic book world or the movie world setting better?anti virus scan



Thank You. Report It


I like the world where he is hidden better but Mignola's art is WAY better then the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment