Friday, August 20, 2010

Inspiring Books?

What are the most inspiring books/novels of all time?



Books that are like that of Paulo Coelho's works, or any books that uplifts the spirit and shows the triumph of man against all hardship.



Inspiring Books?antivirus



To name a few: Ernest Hemingway's THE OLD MAN %26 THE SEA is extremely inspiring in terms of the human spirit. The theme of the novel is that man can be destroyed, but not defeated. Santiago refuses to lose the marlin he hooked while fishing, and ends up wrestling it for days. I don't want to ruin the ending, but let me say, it's pretty amazing and insightful in a quiet, subtle way.



Eli Wiesel's NIGHT is another work I would recommend. Even though it is set during probably the darkest hour of our history, and Wiesel unflinchingly recounts the horrors of the death camps, this novel is undeniably beautiful in the way that it shows the triumph of the human spirit. I think this is best summed up in the last lines of the book: ''Free at last! Free at last!''



Inspiring Books?computer



all the unpublished ones you find on the internet.
harry potter; harry potter harry potter
my all time fav is The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky. I'm not sure if you would like it though.. it takes a certain type of person to really like Dostoyevsky- his work is difficult to understand and read, its very philosophical- existential even, and some of it can be quite long and dry. Also there are about 30 characters with long, complex Russian names- it can be hard to keep them all straight. BUT if I haven't scared you off yet, then I HIGHLY recommend it. It was one of those profound books that once you put it down you are a little changed inside. And you know you will never quite be the same. That feeling that you just experienced something truly magical, thought-provoking, awesome. I literally cried when i was done with this book- and not because someone died or it was sad or touching. But because it was over. I cried because it was over and I couldn't have any more. So, If I didn't scare you off by the first part and intrigued you by the second part then go out and buy it. you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment