Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why doesn't my pear cordon grow?

I have a row of 6 cordons planted 3 years ago. The second one along is a Packhams Triumph. It leafs up in spring and flowers well but grows no new stems or leaves, the trunk hasn't thickened, it sets no fruit. I treat it the same as all the others and they grow like crazy and fruit well for their age. I've dug around the roots and they look OK. I've sprayed it with seaweed and fed it extra, but it's stuck in a Groundhog Day, does the same thing every year. Any ideas? Will go on the rubbish heap this year if no-one can help it but I'm concerned about having the same problem with a replacement. The cordons are only 3 foot apart.



Why doesn't my pear cordon grow?stinger



the trees might be fighting each other for nuitrients so try addind some to th soil inbetween or moving the trees apart also heard someone say that real ale was good for pear trees so you could try that as alast resort



Why doesn't my pear cordon grow?virus scanner



Have you got the right pollinators? Pollinators include Beurre Bosc, William's Bon Chretien, and Winter Nelis.

No comments:

Post a Comment