Monday, August 16, 2010

True story ....?

If nothing else, this will give you a good soul cleansing laugh . . .



All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy,



painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the



wax.



Read on. . .



My night began as any other normal weeknight. Come home, fix dinner,



play with the kids.



I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next



few hours:



''Maybe I should pull the waxing kit out of the medicine cabinet.''



So I headed to the site of my demise: the bathroom.



It was one of those ''cold wax'' kits.



No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your



hand, they get warm and you peel them apart and press them to your leg



(or wherever else) and you pull the hair right off.



No muss, no fuss. How hard can it be?



I mean, I'm not a genius, but I am mechanically inclined enough to



figure this out. (YA THINK!?!)



So I pull one of the thin strips out. Its two strips facing each other



stuck together.



Instead of rubbing them together, my genius kicks in so I get out the



hair dryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. (''Cold wax,'' yeah...right!) I



lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull. It works!



OK, so it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment